Thursday 17 April 2014

And the Princess is Born ...The unforgettable experience of Vrinda's birth!

Vrinda, born on 1st November 2012, Thursday at 1:28 pm, was born at Anushree Hospital, Bhopal(M.P.). Born with her eyes wide open, she looked nothing less than a baby fairy from dream-land.    


                                                                                 I was in the last month of my third trimester. On 31 October my Gynecologist Dr. Meenakshi Patel(one of my dear friend’s mother) informed us that I needed to get operated urgently and it was imperative to perform a C-section the very next day. I wasn’t ready. Even though I had been waiting for a long time for this day. I still wasn’t ready. I guess somewhere you never are! But on the flipside the excitement of having my baby in my hands same time next day had no limits. The happiness was infinite.   

                                               We arranged for Anuj to take next morning’s flight from Mumbai to Bhopal and be with me at the time our world knocks at our door! And the time came. I was taken to OT and prepared for the operation. As I was succumbing to my anesthesia, I drifted into an unknown world. I closed my eyes and let go! I have always believed in god. And reading “Durga Chalisa” has always given me strength and hope. I so badly needed to be assured that everything will be alright with my baby, that I started chanting it while on the OT bed. On the one hand I could hear doctors chat about their regular knick knacks, on the other I could feel an invisible force holding me there, to keep faith and wait for our biggest happiness.

The moment I was reaching towards the end of Durga Chalisa, I could feel something being dragged out of me. It was unbelievable how my baby was taken out of me in a matter of seconds. Void and fulfillment struck me at the same time. A physical void of (me - her).  And the fulfillment of (her + me). What an irony. I felt light, very light. At the same time complete, to have her. Till then I had not known it was her. The doctor said “Pooja bitiya hui hai”, and that moment my heartbeat almost stopped. Stopped to smile.  Stopped to laugh.  Stopped to shed a tear of happiness. Stopped to believe, to feel, to thank the deepest thank of my life. The doctor was surprised to see a baby so awake at birth. She had a humble cry with eyes wide open and an expression of serenity on her face. As if she belonged here, in this world, always.                                                           

 
9 months of journey finally yielded its fruit. Vrinda, our princess was born. I smiled the biggest smile of my life, still in my anesthesia. I knew all will be alright. I took a deep breath and let it go once again drifting back in my sleep imagining the picture of Anuj holding her in my mind.
                                                                  On 1st November 2012 my facebook status read the following:
It’s a new beginning, a new morning, a new night and a brand new life!
With you entering our universe now, all will always be right.
As today we embark on a new journey, and for all our living times to come,
We will be on a roller coaster ride.
This journey will be fun, loving, exciting, colorful, beautiful, soulful and bright!
What marks we get in this exam does not matter,
What matters is what colors we fill in this new landscape of our life!
The innumerable moments that we will have with our bundle of joy,
With our honey bun fry, with the apple of our eye;
Will strengthen our love, sparkle our life and enlighten our soul forever!

5 comments:

  1. Keep emotions flowing & taking the shape of words.This memoralia may turn in to an work of art.U seem to be well familiar playings with words and with the world of writers. U have potential & may become one of whose one day.Best of luck and thanks to Vrinda being source of inspitations.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wonderfully narrated Pooja! You'll be reminded of this amazing feeling on her each and every birthday.....I'm pretty sure :)

    ReplyDelete