Friday 25 April 2014

Fast Forward..Vrinda @15 “Happy Birthday Papah!”

Yesterday night while pondering over the surprise I can throw for my husband Anuj for his 32nd Birthday today, I happen to “think forward in future”. I imagined a time 15 years from now, when Vrinda will be old enough to decide on her own what can she gift her father on his birthday. 

She and he both were asleep. It was around 12:30am when I got up from bed and started mock thinking like my little girl grown up big girl.

I was dead tired from the days’ work since I am getting my house painted. The whole place is in a mess and my mind was at strike! I picked up my craft kit and all things possible that could come in handy in making my little girl’s surprise for her daddy J. As she slumbered, I picked up my scissors and craft paper and began work. At first everything was apart but bit by bit it all started coming together in a beautiful piece of work. I smiled and worked. It was 1:30 am. I worked and smiled. It was 2 am. By the time I could no longer keep my eyes open I was almost done! Hurrah it was ready!                
 
Then I began setting up the table for Daddy dear with all the things that I had bought for him over a period of time for his birthday. They all seamlessly fell into the gift basket of Vrinda from future.
           
1.     First was a book  “The English Patient” – by Micheal Ondaatje


SUMMARY: With ravishing beauty and unsettling intelligence, Michael Ondaatje's Booker Prize-winning novel traces the intersection of four damaged lives in an Italian villa at the end of World War II. Hana, the exhausted nurse; the maimed thief, Caravaggio; the wary sapper, Kip: each is haunted by the riddle of the English patient, the nameless, burned man who lies in an upstairs room and whose memories of passion, betrayal, and rescue illuminate this book like flashes of heat lightning.
 
Anuj loves to read books and watch movies based on the times of World War I and II. So here was a perfect gift for him.  

 2.      Chocolates – This is going to be Vrinda’s first chocolate as well J
                                         

 3.      Flowers – Beautiful Orange Gerberas & Roses
 
4.      Perfume – Escape by Calvin Klein
                                                                                 
5.      Lastly a shirt which I bought for him some time back.
                                                                                                                                                                                       
All these small items made a big basket for Daddy. My Baby’s thoughtful hamper had put to shame the hamper from coffee with karan.         
 
Here’s my apple pie in the morning, right from bed, watching the surprised face of her papah. Her eyes lit up seeing him smile and laugh and thank his baby girl for such a lovely morning birthday present.        
                     
Aahaan…Papah did thank mumma for executing this story beautifully.










6 comments:

  1. My dear Daughter and wifey, it was a great surprise and experience. you have set the bar quite high for the next time now :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The bar has always been high hubby dear..:-) good to hear that you enjoyed everything along with the cake surprise sent to your office !

      Delete
  2. Thanks for ur visualisation of time frame of say 25.04.2028, when kuku will be 15yrs young , plan for her Papa's surprise birthday bash,consulting u on way.In most probability we shall be watching all goings on , from some high angle of obscure wall , wishing aging Anuj & blooming dear Kuhu.I am already very curious and dreaming to see, how kuhu will appear when she is 15.
    I would like to know, as to how Anuj reacted to ur preperations.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Papa, its always a pleasure to read your comments on my posts. Trust me 15 years down the line you will be celebrating Anuj's b'day with us. I am also curious already as a mother how she will look at each stage in her life, after a period of 5 years each time..I am sure your curiosity must be deep. She will grow to be a gracious girl and a lady later.

      Delete
  3. PS: sorry I missed Anuj has already commented upon at 07.39 i.e.only few minuts in advance.

    ReplyDelete