Saturday 31 May 2014

Touch & Love of an Angel … Feelings unexplained!

Have u ever felt the presence of the unknown around you in the form of a touch? A touch on your hands , your feet, your face, which vanishes in mere seconds as it comes? The feeling of the infinite being with you, near you, within you. That angelic presence which can make you laugh, smile, be in awe, shed a tear too, and wonder how can this miracle be possible or possibly be with you? How the touch of a person can transform you for a moment in this universe? From a woman to a mother, from a mother to a devotee. 

As Helen Keller rightly put it “The best and most beautiful things in the world cannot be seen or even touched. They must be felt with the heart”. Such is the beauty of a Baby's Touch.



The emotions of this feeling aren't covered by words. As I reflect on my thoughts, I can't say I am "happy" or "excited" or "blessed". I think the language has become obsolete when it comes to feeling the feelings which exude from the world of your Baby’s touch. Our language kind of oversimplifies the whole meaning of that feeling. As I get engrossed in the upheaval of these emotions arising from such a touch by my Baby girl, I make my own language of emotions, my own complicated hybrid emotions which are an array of colors - light, dark, bright, pastels, like say "the happiness that can go beyond the black hole of the universe" Or "the disappointment of seeing another child taking away a toy from her hand" Or I would like to show how "the intimations of mortality brought by an ageing baby, from month to month" connects with the "sadness of seeing her outgrown clothes and shoes". I would also like to have a word for "the excitement of wearing a fresh dress knowing its play time in the park" Or "the sadness inspired by her bath which is just about to finish". I really wish to coin some of my own words to express these feelings that take me to a different world of expression. 


Anuj and I always wonder how can we capture these "Touches", these "Feelings", these "Emotions" that Vrinda evoke in us so skillfully as if she always knew her trade, right from Day 1. The layers of emotions that get pealed each day by her tend to wet our eyes more often than we had ever imagined. Can there be a process of capturing these "giggles"? Is there a container in this world that can hold her expression (of just this moment) forever?


And yes I am not talking about a camera capturing the imagery. Neither am I pointing to a video feed. Reference is to the infinite moments when she smiles and its connection to the feeling that I get when she smiles that smile. I tend to imagine my own futuristic ways of somehow holding on to these moments, and relive them like reality a few years down the line. Like being able to see her laugh in her current voice and style, on her 10th birthday, or keep intact her reaction to our ice cold hands on her face within ourselves and feel it at some later date.



In an attempt at immortalizing her hand and feet impressions, I have tried making something that happily adorns our living room wall today. Every look at this frame makes me swoon in the feeling of holding these tender beautiful cuddly cozy hands and feet :-)



The write up on the work for my little girl goes like this… (Only thing uncomplicated about it)

As parents of such a lovely angelic baby, all we can do in our reach, we are trying to do. Like clicking pictures, making videos. But the best of all mediums is the medium reroute our heart that touches just not us, but our souls too. And that medium is to Feel.. Is to Cherish.. Is to know.. Is to remember.. Is to Keep and hold in our hearts… hold HER, her touch, her love, her smiles, her anger, her laughs and cries, her sighs, her grins and all that she is and does. And this can only be felt! It is unexplained!




6 comments:

  1. Once again, very well written blog. Those moments when she giggles her heart out and we along with her cannot be expressed with words. Keep writing, vrinda would love to read these when she grows up.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thx anuj. I enjoy those moments a lot when v have a laugh on d funny things she does..

      Delete
  2. Heart touching & engrossing as in past episodes with tangy tadka of beautiful visuals. I am sure a day will definetely come when Vrinda after having read these blogs again & again automatically start responding by expressing herself on same blog reciprocating her mom's feeling towards her.
    Pooja keep on writing/expressing urself, its touching new heights in every new episode.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks papa.yes I m also waiting fr those times when she ll acknowledge these feelings, if not reciprocate.I am writing for her to know wordless I m in reality to express my love for her.I have used some of ur pictures.thx for that.

      Delete
  3. Very true.Well written.I like all the pics and your hand/foot print artwork along with poem is awesome.well done.keep it up.God bless u.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks didi. Keep reading :-) i hope u noticed that the lace used in the artwork was given by u.

    ReplyDelete