Wednesday 20 August 2014

The BIG joys that come out of SMALL things

Vrinda’s first smile. The first time she said “mama” and wrapped her hand around my fingers, so that I would take her out, or give her a hug, or merely pick her up. The way her eyes follow me when I walk around the house. From our living room, to kitchen, to even the bathroom, which follows the sadness in them when I shut the door  for a few minutes, and the way they would glow up like a star as I would return. 


The way she kicks crazily when she’s in her bath tub, like she’s trying to swim or something or at the sight of anything that has anything to do with water(her mum-mum). When with water or in water, its like she is at the top of the world, like there are no worries, past, present or future. Its just that moment which counts, for her, for me and for the sheer happiness it brings to the both of us. 
 
  


The tiniest things put the biggest smiles on my face, and I never knew I could find such joy in something as simple as a look or a sound, a wink or a frown. How she calls for me as she wakes up first thing in the morning. Or the way in which she smiles when I tickle her before a good night’s sleep. Or the way she cries and gets upset if I try to tuck her in early to bed.



How she says a ‘hi’ and bye-c u’ to every single person that pass by, and how she becomes the center of attraction wherever she goes; may it be a supermarket, or a hospital, or a mall or a post office. Her actions, big or small, bring about a new direction in which I can love her even more. Everything she does amuses me to the core, making me go crazy myself by being in love with her, madly in love with her. 





 

Each such moment reconfirms my decision every single day that I was, indeed, meant to be a mother. Being a mother has by far been the best thing that has happened to me, apart from everything else that I have or I am. Today she defines my world; she is my gravitational pull, which keeps me moving each day, closer and closer to her being, letting me discover new heights of a happy motherhood!
 


Pictures by Y P Arora

2 comments:

  1. Every mother has similar experiences and feelings after their first time. U have the ability and bit much more observant while going through such experiences, to express through words accompanied with suitable pics. & u are doing it beautifully.Vrinda will adore all these, once she is grown up.
    I am grateful to u and Vrinda ,who gave me the oppurnity to express through means of photography.It was after a very long gap, that I could watch,& capture the nat- khat- pan of newly borne till date.Hope she will grow to be a adorable model for me at least.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Papa, the pleasure is all ours. where else will we get such a knowledgeable photographer. Vrinda is lucky that she has you to click her beautiful shots. Coz' in our times we never had such possibilities, I hardly have any pics of mine as a baby! As for the expression, I am just trying to document my feelings..in the hope that she will be happy to know how much love and care has gone into her upbringing!

      Delete