Wednesday 21 May 2014

To those lights, sweets and incense sticks…



Each one of us has been raised with faith walking behind us and a certain belief matching our footsteps. Since childhood all of us have seen our mothers and grandmothers, sitting serenely in front of the abode of GOD (traditionally called “Mandir”) in our houses.


 We have seen them sitting there for long periods of time, igniting those beautiful “diyas” that emanate such strong beautiful light, that it changes the definition of fire when seen from a different perspective.



During festivals, we have seen them putting the whole pack of those yummy “laddoos” in front of our dear God, while we watched with our eyes wide open and mouth full of water.


 
We have seen them give water to the dear God in such a tranquilizing manner as if he is actually thirsty. The small pots and pans that dear God has and had then in his abode can be an envy of any child who wants to play with them but can’t have them.



Those innumerable incense sticks that burnt directly in proportion with our problems/issues. As and when a hurdle came by, the mere instruction by them, to light two “agarbattis” in front of the dear God would make everything alright instantly. May it be an exam, or their results it always worked.  



Those “Padukas”, which seemed to be the outdoor dĂ©cor of every house during Diwali, so as to welcome “God Laxmi” in our houses, in order to evoke the mere luck of bring in money that day and for all days to come. Those beautiful feet of God Laxmi has always been my favorite in God’s abode.




That small treasure trove called “Dibiya” which would carry Sindoor/kumkum for dear God, or rice for that matter, always brightened one’s mood as you sat for the rituals.



That virtuous sound of “Mandir ki Ghanti”, which worked as a call bell for everyone in the house, to leave whatever they were doing and be present at the Mandir instantly, for Puja.


And finally those innumerable wishes and prayers that our mothers have put forth for us in front of the dear God, do not match with anything in the world. Since years and now as well, and through all these times my mom has prayed for me and my well being, as do I for Vrinda today. It will take time, to match upto my mother’s level of devotion, but I am on my way…


 
This post contains pictures from my small yet beautiful “Mandir” !













 

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful reminiscence .... nicely wriiten

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your writeup is nice, engrossing as always. But what has impressed me most is the accompanied pictures seperately for each part described parawise.It's amazing how u could take pics. so beautifully i.e. original angles, perfect compositions, differential focussing and creating very perfect ambience. I doubt ,if I could make such pics.even with my sofisiticated equipment.

    I am keenly waiting for our planned visit at urs. to learn how u make such pics.happen.

    Keep it up.

    U [ & then Kuhu through u ] are going to inherit my all photographic equipment plus my experience in the line to help u grow in this sphere too, besides writing..

    Wishing & blessing u all for very best .

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Papa, thank you so much for such words of praise. My photography is nothing in front of yours. I am just using my cellphome camera with 8 megapixel. I edit my pictures post taking them on a cool website I have found. Will send you its life on FB. frankly i dont understand all these elements that u ve written about "original angles, perfect compositions, differential focussing" but I just try to take the pics from an angel which looks good to my eye.
      Papa I have alot to learn from you in this sphere. We shall exchange our potential in this matter when we meet next.

      I am happy to hear that Kuhu will be the owner of all your photography instruments. I am sure she will do u proud !
      Thanks again for taking time out to comment on my blog post!

      Delete
  3. yeah, papa is right about beautiful pics in the post. franklly, even i'd not seen all of them in such depth and beautiful angles. this will be a difficult post to even better in quality.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Try writing a post yourself on my blog anuj.u write well.thx fr comment.

      Delete